No Bake Breastfeeding Bars
Breastfeeding Raspberry and Oat Bars
These fruity no bake bars are a delicious healthy snack, full of ingredients which are beneficial in helping to establish a healthy milk supply, and for all new mamas.
They take five minutes to make, and can be stored in the fridge for up to a week.
100g Nut butter (your favourite)
35g Milled Flaxseed
1 tbsp Chia Seeds
- Melt the nut butter and honey in the microwave or in a saucepan over a medium heat
- Once melted, add all of the other ingredients and mix well to combine
The raspberries should be fully mashed up to help the mixture to form into bars.
- Line a 2lb (large loaf tin) with baking paper
- Tip the mixture in and press down firmly with the back of a spoon
- Set in the fridge for 2 - 3 hours
- Cut in to bars
* Will keep for up to a week in the fridge in an airtight container
Oats are a good source of galactagogues which encourage a healthy milk supply.
Nut butter and seeds are packed with healthy omega rich fats, which are a good source of slow release energy and protein. This is not only beneficial in establishing a strong milk supply, but research shows that healthy fats and protein are important in aiding post birth recovery.
These bars are a perfectly paired with a cup of our Milk's Up Breastfeeding Tea, which contains whole leaf herbs that have traditionally been used to support milk supply and lactation