Oat Cookie Recipe to Support Breastfeeding
To accompany your Milk's Up breastfeeding cuppa – get baking. Try these oat cookies as they’re super easy and tasty.
Oats are a natural galactagogue like fenugreek, fennel and anise - the key ingredients in our nursing tea. So eating these is a great thing to do to boost or support milk supply.
2 tablespoons honey
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
120g plain flour
120g brown sugar
180g porridge oats
- Melt butter with honey in a saucepan gently
- Take off the heat and mix in 1 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar and oats
- Add the honey mix to this
- Stir and leave to cool for 5 minutes once it is all well combined
- Place 12 piles of the mix on a buttered baking tray and cook for 10-15 min
- Let them cool, and they turn into slightly hard, chewy biscuits
You can add chocolate chips, raisins, or anything else you fancy. But they’re a crowd pleaser, and a wee treat goes a long way in times of stress and uncertainty.