Lactation Support Pancakes
These pancakes are not only delicious, easy to make, but have the extra benefit of containing natural galactogogues to support a healthy milk supply!
Ingredients125ml oat milk
1 small banana
100g organic oats
2 level tsp of baking powder
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Add oats, oat milk, banana, baking powder, eggs, and a drop of vanilla in to a tall jug
- Blend until the oats and banana have broken down and you have a thick pancake batter
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan, and when hot add approx 2 tbsp of batter
- Cook for 2 minutes or until the top looks dry
- Flip and cook for a further 2 minutes
- Serve with yoghurt and fruit, or your favourite toppings. Delicious with a cup of our Milk's Up Tea.
Oats - beta-glucan is found in oats: Beta-glucan is a type of fibre that's thought to raise the levels of breastfeeding hormone prolactin. Higher prolactin levels can have a positive effect on breast milk
Milk's Up - contains fennel, nettle, fenugreek seeds, lemon verbena and aniseed . These are all herbs which have been used for millennia to support lactation, but they also taste delicious! Fennel and fenugreek have the strongest links to increasing milk supply in research.