Final Push Easy Chicken Curry
Easy Chicken Tikka Curry
Spicy food is often suggested as a means of bringing on labour, and many women swear by it. The theroy being that the spiciness can irritate the uterus and in some cases cause small contractions
This recipe is a version of Nadia Hussain's 'Easy Chicken Tikka Masala' recipe. It is much loved by the HotTea tea-m! It is family friendly, easy to make, and it's secret ingredient - cream of tomato soup, makes it lovely and saucy and a little bit sweet
It freezes well, and can be made a couple of days in advance as a go-to Friday fake-away.
Enjoy it spiced up with extra chilli, or spicy chutney from 32 weeks, alongside a cup of our Final Push Raspberry Leaf Tea. It will not only help prepare for labour but the whole peppermint can also help to aid digestion, and ease heartburn
600g Chicken breast diced
1 onion finely chopped
3 cloves of garlic, crushed or finely grated
Thumb sized piece of ginger grated
1 tbsp Tomato Puree
1 tbsp Curry powder (your favourite)
1 tbsp Garam Masala
1 tin of cream of tomato soup
Handful of coriander chopped (optional)
- Heat a good glug of oil in a large saucepan.
- Add the onion, garlic, ginger, tomato puree, and a large pinch of salt and cook for 5 mins or until the onion is soft.
- Next add your chicken and spices. Stir to coat the chicken and add 100ml of water.
- Bring to a simmer
- Cook for 15 mins, to cook out the spices
- Add the tomato soup, simmer for a further 20 mins
- Sprinkle in the coriander, if using
- Serve with some basmati rice or naan bread
*This recipe also freezes well 👍